Ice Cream and screaming children

Let's face it , sometimes, I know being a married mom of 6, I can get distracted in the day to day with of course ...my kids none the less.That's why this blog was created.It's a blog / message board /vent station / tip giving / confidant / therapist and more...it's a "I'm not the only one too" site.....Ice cream and screaming children.

Highlights Catalog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Well today's the day that I've decided to look into a daycare for our 3 yr old son Gabriel.It is really tearing me up to have to do that .My husband suggested that maybe I should get a nanny or a house keeper but I know that Gabriel really needs to be with his own peers.He tries so very hard to play around with his older siblings but you know how that goes...they'd rather him not play with them.and I guess it's a reminder for me on how old I am.I'm only 30 but I don't feel it at all.I even look at our two youngest,Elizabeth and Sarah and wonder wher the time went.Sarah is 4 months old and Elizabeth is almost 2.why am I wrestling so much with this? I have no idea hopefully we'll come to some sort of solution.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you wrestling with? You have a lovely, big family and are considering preschool options for your oldest. You should be excited. I bet he is. Life is either a light shade of gray, or a pale shade of blue... it all depends on your out look. I am 31. I have a 6 yr old, a 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old. I actually feel like people look at me as a teen age unmarried mum sometimes, as I feel much younger than most people in my situation. I am not. I am a very happily married, sucessful lawyer, with the most amazing children you can imagine, far brighter than any one elses (as are ofcourse every mums kids :) ). Live in the moment. You are so lucky - some women wait far too long to have kids and can't have them/as many as they want. You and me, we get to do it all... and enjoy our teenagers before we get completely out of touch... life is what you make it my friend...

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

you're right, I do have a big , lovely family and I'm definetly excited about him going on to school because he needs that interaction with his own peers,but I guess I was feeling that sense of me having to let go and not cottle him.and that's hard.My last two are 1 andthe other is 5 months ,that means they'll be the only ones home with me.I'm 30 too and I look extremely young as well.No one believes I have 6 children at all.My husband is 34 and he's got the youthful looks going on too,lol.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home